- Architecture: A.F. Modinos & S.A. Vrahimis
- Civil / Structural Engineering: A.F. Modinos & S.A. Vrahimis & Artelia
- Mechanical Design & Energy Efficiency: Christakis Andreou & Andreas Andreou
- Electrical Design: Theodoulos Demosthenous Electrical Engineer
- Client: Buildland Development LTD
- Contractor: Buildland Development LTD
- Budget: c. €1,5 million
- Stage: Under Construction
The project is located on the outskirts of the center of Lakatamia, a few minutes away from everything a family needs in their everyday life.
We were requested by the client to develop five independent houses which will be energy efficiency class A, if possible, without the use of renewable energy. This could only be accomplished by sustainable architecture. A volumetric concept was materialized with the environmental data received, and the best interpretation was the formation of a narrowed shaped space, which will have openings towards the south, west and north. We used wind core data which helps us see the air flow of the building both inside and out. The results received from the survey, concluded that the use of stack airflow (vertical air shaft) with openings towards the north and east of the building, is sufficient to obtain optimal ventilation for cooling during the increased temperatures in the summer period. Solar categorization and patterns in combination with the altitude, influence the orientation of the houses, whilst calculating the solar irradiance that the houses absorb, the positions of the shading systems and glass openings are correlated for a greater climatic comfort of the residents.
- Brochure: Download here